Volunteers support the youth and staff at ACCESS in so many ways. They help in our office, take on job duties, join committees, volunteer with our programs kitchens, thank our donors, provide administrative assistance, and help with special events. They are often the first friendly face that a young person sees on our outreach program.
Volunteers share their skills, passion and experience with us and their presence sends our youth the powerful message that they are worth somebody’s time.
We invite you to demonstrate your community commitment and volunteer with ACCESS!
We Need Volunteers For:
- Event and Fundraising Committees
- Volunteers for day of events and/or fundraisers
- Volunteer Outreach Worker on Tri-Cities Bus
- Office/administrative help
If you want more information about volunteer opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-525-1888.
Last year, 60 volunteers donated 1500 hours of their time to ACCESS! If you are interested in joining this dynamic team please read on.
Volunteering is a great way to become involved in your community. You can become part of a solution, gain valuable community contacts, or support a cause you feel strongly about. ACCESS offers a variety of volunteer opportunities within the society or we can link you with others in the larger community with whom you might share a passion or interest.
Volunteering is a great way to make a valued contribution to the work that ACCESS Youth Outreach Services Society undertakes with young people who are street involved, marginalized, transient, homeless or at-risk.
Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer with ACCESS
- Youth are our most valuable resources.
- ACCESS is the only organization that reaches out to youth after-hours to help keep them safe.
- ACCESS is an award-winning agency.
- ACCESS is an innovative agency.
- An opportunity to help invest in our future…the children and youth.
- The children and youth that we support could be yours.
- Youth value the ACCESS programs.
- There is a fantastic team of board members.
- Committed staff supporting youth in the community after-hours on weekends.
- We are a great group of caring community people.
Volunteer Online Form
Once you have received your volunteer package, we will then contact you to arrange an interview.
All volunteers are required to attend an orientation session and with our primary program Project ReachOut, there are 3 steps to being a volunteer. 1) Submission of Application, 2) Interview, 3) Orientation & Ride-along.
Volunteers working in positions that involve direct contact with youth are required to submit to a criminal record check. This process is explained in detail at the interview stage.
Where to Find Us
Fernwood Lodge Building on Riverview Hospital grounds. (see contact us page for map)
YOU CANNOT USE GPS. PLEASE USE THE MAP PROVIDED on contact page.